Monday, April 9, 2012

Because He lives, She is alive!

Tonight I try to fight back my tears, but my heart is hurting in a way it's never quite hurt before. It's strange to be overwhelmed with sadness but be so filled with excitement at the same time. The selfish Ashton, wishes Gram was here with me tonight. I wish she'd have been at her house tonight having dinner with us, and going through old pictures, laughing hysterically. I wish I could hear her talk and watch her smile. I wish I could hold her hand one more time, and let her kiss me goodnight. But then just when I start to feel overwhelmed by how much I feel I need her here, I can't help but smile. Tonight, Gram is with Jesus. Tonight, she is seeing the most beautiful things she has ever laid her eyes on. She's singing her heart out in worship this Easter Sunday, and I know for certain she is dancing. She is reuniting with my Gramps, 17 years without her love. What a reunion that must've been! She is meeting Mary, Paul, James, John, Peter. She's kissing Jesus' feet, and holding His hand. She is seeing her momma and daddy, and her sister and brother. The sounds she is hearing are majestic, indescribable. Her body is whole, healthy, cancer free. She isn't weak anymore, she isn't sick, she isn't tired, or frail. She is ALIVE.

That's why I am okay tonight, even though I will miss her every second that is to come for the rest of my life- I am comforted knowing that because Jesus died and rose again, today my grammy lives again too. I thank Jesus for such a special blessing and reminder of what He came and did so that we might live. Easter is the day that represents LIFE, and that is exactly what my Grammy got today.


She is alive again, because HE LIVES.


"Precious in the sight of God are the death of His saints." : Psalm 116:17

8 comments:

  1. Ashton,

    As usual, this brings tears to my eyes. Happy tears, as I think of the blood of Jesus Christ who died for me, and how He overcame the grave-- how we will overcome the grave. How can anyone resist Him?

    I will update Figment right away.

    Until ALL have Heard,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME post young lady! We all loved Kay, but now that she got what she REALLY wanted for Easter, she got to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Ashton Shelby Clapp. You have written precious words. I loved your Gram. She was one special lady and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashton,
    What a beautiful blog which honors our Lord and your Grammy. I know how much she means to you and your family so I completely understand your grief. She was such an intricate part of all of your lives. I rejoice with you that Grammy was able to sit at the feet of Jesus this Easter. What a celebration! Know that we love you and are praying for you!
    The Cook family,
    Jeff, Ginger, Caleb, Emma Grace & Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words Ashton. I was up on the hill at my parent's farm for a sunrise service and I felt your Grammy. We were singing together praising our Lord. I thank God for sharing her with me. She was full of grace. I love her and will miss her for now. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashton,

    Your love for Gram was evident as is your love for our Lord. You have Honored the Father in your testimony. I love you child....I hope that someday I can be like your Gram to my babies...she was Such an inspiration..and still is.

    Love Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashton, your Gram was such an amazing lady! So loving and thoughtful she held me so sweetly when I lost my mom and my dad. I am praying for you and your family. Love ya Gretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so precious. I love that you and your gram were so very close. It warms my heart that you are rejoicing for her life in Heaven. Someday you will see her again!

    Visit my blog! :) jkhdancer88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete