Tuesday, August 24, 2010

25 days and counting!

it's really hard to believe that i will actually be moving out of knoxville for the first time ever in my life, in just 25 days! I am getting so anxious, but I must admit this is a bitter sweet feeling. All my best friends are back in school, and I sit and think about how differently i had my life planned out to be just last year. I would never have believed you if you had told me that i would no longer be attending UT, nor would i be pausing my plans of finishing nursing school. it's so bazaar! I remember being at student life camp last summer, and God just breaking my heart completely in two. Shouting in the clearest voice i've ever heard Him speak to me in, saying that He has put a burning passion inside of me for the poor, needy, orphaned children around the world. He opened my eyes that night to see that my plan for my life didn't quite line up with His. But once again, I could never have actually expected this- not even starting my sophomore of college? yeah right. I had big plans for myself, real big ones. I was gonna go to college at UT, become a nurse practitioner, marry an incredible- goodlooking man, have four kids, live in a beautiful white house with a wrap around porch. I'm tellin you what- I had a goooood life planned for myself, and nothing was gonna stop it. Boy was i wrong, God stopped it. Over the past two years, He revealed to me that HIS plan- the good, perfect, and pleasing plan, was the one I was going to seek after. No more living "The American Dream". He has something even bigger and even better ready for me. So that's why I am here. Not because everyone thinks its the best route to take (believe me, i've heard a fair share of opinions along the way), and not because it's what "normal" people do, not because it's the good life, and definitely not because it's going to be easy. I'm here because I heard God speak two years ago, preparing me for what was to come. I heard God speak, telling me my life wasn't going to be what I nor everyone else thought it would be. I'm here because I heard the call to missions, I saw the opened doors, and I jumped. So here I go, 25 days until i begin the greatest adventure i've ever taken. And I could NOT be more excited. I'm ready, ready for the world! let the games begin!

To God be the glory for the great things He has done-

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God!" : 1 cor. 10:31

1 comment:

  1. When you mentioned your good life you had set up for yourself, it made me laugh out loud. That was the EXACT same thing I said (& thought) a few years ago. But now I can't think of anything more amazing than God "crashing" your so called plans and filling your heart for something new to the point you don't know how you lived so long without it. I am so stinkin' excited for you! Can't wait to see where God takes you, I'll be praying for you all along the way!

    ReplyDelete