Thursday, August 26, 2010

I wish i were leaving tomorrow...

Tonight, and the past couple of days have been so odd for me. You see, I never thought i would be ready to leave this place, these people, the ones i love most. But God has been doing some incredible things in preparing my heart for this. When i say that i am ready to go, i hope i don't bring offense to anyone, its just that I have finally reached the point where I've given up my life as i know it. Does that mean I won't miss home? or miss my family? my best friends? normality? of course i will miss it all. But at the same time, I know this is exactly why I was created in the first place- to love Jesus Christ with my entire heart, mind, strength, and soul, to give it ALL up for him, for it does all belong to him in the first place right? I'm so over this place of distractions. Americans are daily living a life full of distractions of all kinds. I just so tired of it, so ready to see the world from a new perspective. To see the world from the eyes of those who have nothing, but yet continue to have a smile on their face. And more so than seeing life through their eyes, I want them to experience the Hope and love of Jesus Christ. That's my desire. That's life. That's where I want to be. I'm ready to say my goodbyes, for I know that the Hello's that are to come, will bring so much joy to my life through the miraculous leading of my sweet, sweet Savior.

To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this Ashton! Loving you!!! See you SO soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Ashton and will be praying for you. You are a precious young woman.

    ReplyDelete