Monday, December 20, 2010

11 days left in the US!

dear friends!
it's been so long since i have last updated, but i figured I'd better squeeze in one last blog before this season of my life comes to a close. I've had an extremely bittersweet bundle of emotions the last week to say the least. I'm so ready to be home for a week yet so not ready for this season of my life to come to be officially over. I will never get this dynamic EVER again in my life. no matter how much i try, I'll never get this same atmosphere again. Yet, i know that i didn't come to discipleship training school to sit around and never become a real disciple. Now that this season is ending, it's time to do my duties- make disciples.

i will never be able to express to you all what an amazing three months this has been for me. i have met Jesus face to face, and completely changed my view of things in this world. I realize now MORE of who He really is, and i say more because with that there is even more to learn. i have found my identity in Christ. I have, for the first time, really taken the time to ask Him what He thinks about me. Who does He say I am? I've had revelation after revelation of how much He loves me, and it overwhelms me. His mercies really are new EVERY morning. His love really WONT ever change. He really does have GREAT plans for my life, and i trust Him with that. God is good. And i want the prayer of my life to be that i will praise Him in both the good times and the bad, for He has made them both. NOTHING at all ever happens without His allowing. NOTHING ever happens that He doesn't first put it into motion. and as difficult as that is to accept when tough times come, I still know that HE IS GOD. all the time. And for that i will continue to praise His name.

The goodbye's here will be far from fun. But with them come hello's at home. And then the goodbye's at home will be even harder, Yet with them come hello's in India. today as i complained about how my life has been so full of goodbye's lately, a good friend of mine said this, "Ashton, just remember with every goodbye comes a new hello." It really hit home for me. Yes i am saying goodbye to half of my family here at ywam since we will be split up in India, but i get new hellos once i arrive home to Corryton. And then with those goodbyes, i get to meet so many beautiful people in India. in the end- all these goodbyes become worth it.

This Christmas is going to be my favorite of all, i can just feel it. I've developed such a greater appreciation for my family and close friends while being away. I've realize just how truly blessed i am. I know that God picked all these things JUST FOR ME, why wouldn't i praise Him. This Christmas, in my heart, i will be celebrating Jesus. The WORD becoming FLESH. The baby in a manger. The savior of my soul. The ultimate servant, healer, friend, lover. That's whom i will celebrate this year. I pray that i may never lose this tasting of Him, that nothing will ever take away the love i have developed for Jesus and for the nations. I want to be a world changer. But i cannot do it alone. I need to accept his strength each morning, and pray for a fresh anointing to do the things He has called me to do daily. This really is the greatest season of all, Christmas.

To wrap this all up, I'm going to give you a brief list of what I will be doing in India and where I'll be living. My first week or two-ish will be in Mumbai working with an orphanage of rescued children from brothels. We, as a base, support nine girls that have been rescued and we'll be taking them and the other orphans to the Himalayas for a weekend to just hang out and love on them. Then back to Mumbai to minister in the red light district there- which is either 2nd or 3rd largest in the world after Amsterdam. Then my team will leave Mumbai and head back to Hyderabad where we will stay for the next month. There we are working in orphanages, schools (teaching English), AIDS clinic, AIDS hospital, the slums, and a prostitute colony. We will also be doing evangelism in the parks, mall, train station, and other various places. This is mainly what our ministry times will look like in Hyderabad. The next month (Jan. 28- Feb. 28) we'll be flying to Jaipur. There we haven't been told exactly what ministry looks like yet, but most likely it will be about the same thing. Then my last week will be spent back in Hyderabad finishing up ministry there. I am so excited for the amazing things God has in store for India. He is ready to bring a new, fresh wind of His grace to that place, and I'm so humbled to be apart of it!

Lastly, here are a few prayer needs i have:
1) as a school we still need around $10,000 in order for everyone in our school to go to India. Jehovah Jireh! God our provider.
2) my week at home, that i will continue to walk forward in my relationship with Christ. Even though I'm on break, i still need prayers. This is when the enemy likes to attack the most. (and pray for all the other students/staff as well!)
3) My family as I prepare to leave for India. Pray for a peace that surpasses all understanding. A peace that even they can't explain.
4) My grammy. I believe Jesus wants to heal her from all that nasty cancer. He is BIGGER than any disease and any diagnosis. Pray for complete healing. Just one touch of the master.
5) the hearts of India. That they will be ready for the HOPE that they've been searching for.


i love each of you more than words could express. your prayers, your cards, your emails, your support has been amazing. I pray blessings for each of you! Merry Christmas to you & your families! And Praise Jesus for the life He has given YOU :)

For I have tasted and seen that HE IS GOOD! To Him be all the glory, honor, and praise.

2 comments:

  1. Ashton-
    Put me on your update list.
    wright3532@bellsouth.net
    Knoxville weather ... is saying a white Christmas-How about that! Icing on the cake as they say. See you soon.
    LeaAnn and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton, my prayers are with you and I know you will be doing exactly what you are supposed to do. God has known before any of us were born what we would give our lives for. You are going to give Him back what He has invested in you. He knows exactly what you will accomplish. He has your life in His hands. I also believe God wants to heal your Grammy. He is all knowing and all about loving His children. God bless you. We love you, Sonia and family.granny0095@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete