Wednesday, October 13, 2010

nothing can seperate.


here is something God spoke into my life this morning, what a revelation! (there is more to this story, but for sake of being public i'll keep is short and simple.) Today, for the first ever, I realized why my perception of God's love for me has been so altered. For the longest time, i've felt the need to prove myself to him. Thinking if i did something good he might love me more, but if i messed up he was going to love me less. And for the longest time i didn't understand why this was my perception on His love, considering that both of my parents loved me in the most Godly way that i think was possible. They disciplined me so i would know right from wrong, but i never ever doubted their love for me. Nor did i think they ever loved me less when i did something they weren't proud of. So why on earth did I view God's love any different? well, today He showed me why. Somethings happened in past frienships/relationships where i in turn, changed the way i viewed God's love for me. But GUESS WHAT! I've got some really great news for all of you that struggle with this same thing.....

God's love never changes. He loves me the same today as He did yesterday. And being a missionary doesn't mean He loves me more, and not spending enough time in His word daily doesn't mean He loves me less. I don't have to prove ANYTHING to him. He loves the murderers, the thiefs, the abusers exactly the same way he loves me. The only thing it means when we are away from him, when we harden our hearts to Him- is that we miss out on receiving that love. It's still there, we've just chosen to ignore it. We all are his creation, created in HIS image. He finds joy in me, He delights in me, He calls me beautiful. And that goes for you too! what a beautiful picture that is! God's love will never change, it stays the same through the ages. What a refreshing thought that God brought to me this morning, such a relief to finally take off the lies of the enemy and see my sweet savior's love for what it really is: CONSTANT.

"He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is His love to those who fear Him." :psalm 103:10-11

SIDE NOTE: go listen to- "your love never fails" by Jesus Culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment