Sunday, October 10, 2010

week tres, and missing home.







hey guys :)
here is my weekly update- this week i had some struggles, and had to recognize how desperately satan wants to attack this place and me also. Thankfully, because of Jesus i made it through and in the process i learned LOTS of things i'd never been exposed to before. This week we had a speaker from monroe come, George Davidiuk, and the beginning of the week he spoke on bible meditation. Joshua 1:8- "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; MEDITATE on it day and night." i've seriously read that scripture a thousand times, and all along i though meditate meant to read or study the Word. This week i learned that meditation seeks the practical application of information to a person's life. What does the scripture ask me to do? So for this first time this week...i MEDITATED on scripture and allowed God to reveal something that was appliable to my life through it! Later in the week George spoke on TRUTH. and we went over 21 questions that everyone wants to know the TRUTH about. (i have lots of notes, so i'll share!)- this day was so incredible. Finally, things i never truly knew the truth about were biblically explained to me. And lastly, on Friday we had Chris's friend, Benny Prasad (look him up on youtube!) come and share his testimony and music with us. He has the most radical faith i've ever personally seen in front of me, and God willing in November he will set the world record for traveling the EVERY country in the world in the shortest time (6 years and 7 months!) and all by the grace of God! His story is incredible to say the least.

okay so that brings us to the weekend- saturday we took a ywam family road trip to see the leaves and mountains! God took my breath away, it was such a refreshing day for my soul. I love that God took the time to create the mountains, and the beauty in them. We drove up to boone, and had bbq- such great bonding time! then today (sunday) we went to Chris's church, then trevor came to visit & took me, steph, and em to lunch & ice skating. Then we had a volleyball tournament with EVERYONE out in the yard. it was so intense, but i will say-my team WON, CHAMPS!!! hahaha

i'm starting to miss home so much. so shout out to all of my fairview family- being away makes me miss being at church with you all more than i could have ever imagined, even more so when i know daddy is preaching :( every sunday i wake up and wish i was "at home". at writing this brings tears to my eyes, thank you all for loving Jesus and loving me too. I appreciate your cards and prayers so much!

and next- momma bear & daddy- i miss you all more than you know. thank you for being supportive this past week and also for allowing me to spread my wings and be a big girl.

gram, brother, titi, uncle matt, allie gator & andrew: i cant wait for thanksgiving. I MISS YOU all so much it hurts.

my sweet best friends- i want you all to know that even though we don't get to talk as much, you're still MINE. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. And MADISON: put a smile on baby girl- i'll always be here.


alright, now that i have cried and gotten all emotional, i think i'll go to bed! hope this blog hasn't completely bored to death. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!


To God be the Glory for the GREAT things He has done (and doing!)
-ashton :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you that you are allowing God to show you how you are going to make a difference in this world early in life. What I would have given to be in your shoes, doing what you are doing now, finding God's purpose in your life before your life could become pressed down with worldly things. You go Girl. Rock this world for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this during my quiet time this morning. I can hardly write for the tears falling. Your FBC church family is praying for you big time and we are so proud of you. I miss seeing your precious face from the choir. Your face is just full of the love of Christ. Hang in there, God is not finished with you yet.
    Your dad did a great job last night. I love hearing him preach. Ask him about horse poop and gasoline. LOL Girl you are doing something that most of us did not have the courage or the calling to do. So, learn all you can, bask in the arms of Jesus and go make discioles. I love you. Dana W.

    ReplyDelete