Wednesday, October 20, 2010

week 5!

hey everyone!

it seems my updating may be fewer from from now cause lucky little me has a broken computer. yay for that! NOT :) haha

um, let's see where to start- this week we separated from the guys and we did a video study called "ancient paths" this week. which i seriously think EVERY body (especially youth groups/ young adults) need to watch. it was so good!

basically it's been a time of healing our hearts this week, from parental hurts and failed relationships, fighting against the lies that the enemy throws at us and replacing that with the Truths from God. WHO AM I? that's the question. And who do i let answer the question?

praise the Lord, for the blessing of having wonderful, Godly parents that never spoke lies into my life and heart. Nor did they withhold blessings from me for letting me grow up. Did you know that God designed our fathers to hold the key to our hearts, as daughters, to release us into our destiny. Allowing us to go from being little girls, and in turn becoming the women God intended for us to be. I am so thankful my father understood that, and was actually present in my life- making me the person that i am today. This week has given me a new appreciation for my parents, i am one stinkin' lucky gal. I don't deserve them, but i no longer want to take them for granted. Thank you Dad and Mom for a job well done :)

This week has definitely been a lot to take in, emotionally & spiritually. But i can honestly say- i feel freed from a lot of past hurts and such that i've been carrying with me. God is faithful. week 5 and He is still teaching me new things daily. I'm so glad to be here with this opportunity, but i won't lie- i miss home. i can't wait to see the "welcome to tennessee" sign in about a month! what a wonderful thanksgiving it will be, for numerous reasons :)

Our internet cuts off at 8, so i've gotta wrap this thing up. I miss you all mucho! thank you for your prayers, I couldn't do it with out them. I pray God blesses each of you greatly for the time you take to lift me up during this season of my life! Your prayers are not in vain.

love you all, To God be the Glory!
-ashton :)

ps- if any of you feel led to support the last bit i have to pay, it's due before i come home for Christmas so pray about it and email me if you feel that's the direction in which GOD is leading you. clapp_ashton@yahoo.com THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Ashton, in one of your older posts about India, you made a comment of how you wish no one would believe he or she could not do the same exact thing you are doing. I want to thank you for that comment. I feel I have been called to missions. It may not be across the world just yet but I do feel led. And through you, a fellow normal girl from east Tennessee, I believe I can do it through my Lord and savior. Than you

    ReplyDelete